Kew Book Of Embroidered Flowers
THE STORY BEHIND THE BOOK
The digital library
The manuscript and photography
Visit to Kew & Search Press
This book can be purchased in this store. Read More.
Published: June 2020
Written by needlework expert Trish Burr and created in association with The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, this package contains the sumptuous book and transfers of projects from the book together in a beautiful hardcover binder.
The embroideries are reworkings of botanical artworks from Kew's Art Collection. There is one 'starter' project to encourage readers to try out the techniques, one large sampler containing eighteen small elements that can be worked individually or as a group, and nine further projects, including a striking spider chrysanthemum, an elegant waterlily and an opulent magnolia. All the projects are shown step by step, with an order of work diagram given where appropriate. The templates are included at full size at the back of the book.
NOTE ON AU VER A SOIE THREADS FOR USA
IRON ON TRANSFERS
The Special Folio edition includes iron on transfers for all the projects in the book.
How to get the best results from your iron on transfers.
1) Ensure your iron is set to the hottest dry setting. Iron the fabric to remove creases
2) Hold iron on fabric for a few seconds to pre-heat area
3) Place transfer paper face down on to fabric. Ensure it is centered on fabric.
4) Place hot iron on top of transfer paper and hold in place for about a minute. Ensure that the iron is not scorching your fabric. Ensure all areas of design have been covered with irion.
5) Lift paper, outline will be transferred on to fabric.
- Outlines are indelible and will not wash out.
- Transfers can be used more than once. Depending on your iron settings and the fabric you use you should be able to get 1 - 3 prints or more.